The company revealed that it will begin working on chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) therapy with
Recently, the company introduced pre-clinical and clinical results of Ad-RTS-IL-12, which was found to be associated the decrease of cancer stem cells in the brain at the 17th Annual Meeting of the
Ziopharm said that while it has proven RTS on-off switch with Ad-RTS-IL-12, it will investigate CAR-T drugs to target solid tumors and blood cancers. Other firms utilize technology that lastingly turns off CAR-T drugs using what is known as a suicide gene . Using the RTS can assist make easy precise regulation of systemic effects of cell therapies for improved safety and efficacy.
The companies said they will release a progress update on the program in the second half of 2014.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy