Average daily volume for the month also increased 9.48 percent with 16,156,016 contracts exchanged compared to last July's 14,756,873 contracts. Year-to-date volume stood at 2,438,523,550, up 0.06 percent (1.5 million contracts) from the 2,436,987,381 contracts traded in the same period last year.
Equity options volume (options on individual stocks and ETPs) came in at 322,425,332 contracts, 9.27 percent more than the previous July when 295,059,480 contracts were exchanged. Average daily volume for equity options traded in July was 14,655,697 contracts, 9.27 percent more than last year's 13,411,795 contracts. Year-to-date equity options volume stood at 2,199,355,885 contracts, off 0.49 percent compared to the 2,210,205,854 contracts traded at the same point last year.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/08/prweb12067030.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays