Dubai Municipality has said it is working on the final stage of a new high-tech mapping system which aims to locate buildings in the emirate to within one metre.
Makani will use a code number for each building in the emirate of
He said the Makani application will be far more accurate than other related applications, as it needs only a number code instead of names of places.
Makani's development comes amid
The strategy features six key pillars and 100 initiatives covering transport, communications, infrastructure, electricity, economic services and urban planning.
Under the strategy, 1,000 government services will go smart in the next three years. The Smart City project will enable the public to deal with government departments using their smart phones "any time, any day of the year".
The project has evolved from the previous e-Government programme of
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006