It also said it is thinking of selling its international operations.
In a statement, the insurer said it made a
However, the group's operating profit from ongoing operations fell to
The operating figures for ongoing operations include higher weather claims and lower prior-year reserve releases of
The group also said that it is holding discussions with a number of parties regarding a possible disposal of its international division, which consists of its Italian and German operations, following a strategic review.
"We delivered good results in the first half of 2014, despite major weather events and competitive markets, by maintaining our disciplined underwriting approach and from the continued delivery of our strategic initiatives," Chief Executive
"Our performance has also allowed us to continue to invest in the future of our business, to enhance our product propositions and improve our customer experience. We have rolled out self-install telematics boxes, which will enable us to reward better driving, and we've made it easier to buy our motor products on smartphones and tablets," Geddes said.
Telematics, also known as black box insurance, refers to devices fitted to cars that collect data on driving behaviour so that insurers can tailor personalised policies.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- At Groupon, Not a Good Deal of Workplace Diversity
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green