The loonie was down 0.09 of a cent to
Generally, economists had looked for the economy to add 225,000 jobs with unemployment rate holding steady.
U.S. Job growth figures for May and June were revised upward.
Canadian employment data for July will be released
Traders also looked ahead to the release of the latest reading on the health of the American manufacturing sector. Economists expected the
There was also positive news from
The Chinese government’s official purchasing managers index came in above expectations at 51.7 in July, up 0.7 of a point from June, the highest reading in 27 months. And to complement it, the
On the commodity markets, September crude lost
December gold gained
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Los Angeles Angels Clinch Playoff Spot
- U.S. Producer Prices Held Steady in August
- Sanctions Push Russian Ruble to Historic Low
- Scottish Leaders Scramble for Votes on Independence
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up