The ProSiebenSat.1 Group has continued its profitable growth in the second quarter of 2014: The Group increased its total revenues by 10.6 % to
Broadcasting German-speaking: Leading position in the advertising market expanded, distribution revenues grown dynamically: In the Broadcasting German-speaking segment, the ProSiebenSat.1 Group grew significantly in the second quarter of 2014: External revenues increased by 5.0 % to
In the German TV audience market, the ProSiebenSat.1 Group was again the market leader (viewers aged 14 to 49). On a half-year basis, the Group grew by significant 0.8 percentage points to 28.0 %. The second quarter of 2014 was dominated by the soccer World Cup: At 27.5 % (previous year: 27.9 %), ProSiebenSat.1 was down on the comparative period as expected. However, at 0.4 percentage points, the decline among ProSiebenSat.1's stations was smaller than during any previous World Cup. This is primarily attributable to the ongoing growth of the Group's new stations: The two women's stations, sixx and SAT.1 Gold, and the men's station ProSieben MAXX continued their growth unchanged in the second quarter of 2014.
The ProSiebenSat.1 Group further extended its lead in the German TV advertising market: The Group increased its gross TV advertising market share to 44.9 % in the second quarter of 2014 (previous year: 43.7 %).
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models