ASC's enzyme treatment could potentially transform cord blood stem cell engraftment, accelerate patients' immune system and platelet recovery, reduce opportunistic infections and improve cord blood stem cell transplant patient survival and quality of life. This enzyme treatment will enable the tens of thousands of adult cancer patients in the U.S. to be treated quickly with umbilical cord blood, versus enduring what is often a long and futile wait for matching marrow or peripheral blood stem cells, during which time many patients die needlessly.
"There are stringent criteria for emerging technology companies to win an ETF award. ASC had many strengths in their application including an innovative enzyme technology which has the potential to address unmet cancer patient needs, a strong worldwide patent position and an experienced research and management team,"
"We are very grateful to the various ETF committees who, after extensive and thorough due diligence, have decided to make this important award to
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype