ENP Newswire -
Release date- 08072014 - The University has launched a Research Data Repository offering a means for
The repository draws together data deposited with national subject repositories over the past 40 years, alongside more recent datasets that have been published to support research publications.
The service is being provided by Library Services, in collaboration with IT Services and Research and Enterprise Development. It provides a showcase for
Director of Library Services,
Sharing research data can help to increase its impact, and that of associated research, through greater citation and re-use. Each dataset is assigned a unique Digital Object Identifier (DOI) which allows the data to be easily cited by other researchers. The repository will be integrated with the University's Pure Information System later this year so that researchers can easily link their research publications to the underlying research data (now a requirement of many research funders and publishers - see 'Further information', below).
If you are a University of
Visit the repository at http://data.bris.ac.uk/data/.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him