"Company" and its subsidiaries, collectively the "Group",
the largest cinema operator inChina, is pleased to announce a business update
of the Company today.
The group had continued to expand its movie theatre operation in the PRC and
to further diversity the value added business of its business channels in 2014.
For the 6 months ended30 June 2014, the core operation index of SMI theatres
has shown significant growth when compared to the corresponding period last
year. Among which, income from box office and cinema admission has increased
30%; income from Xingmeihui has surged 500%.
been actively developing its new complementary business, which includes
Xingmeihui. Xingmeihui focuses on in-theatre counter sales and online shopping
platform, and aims at providing the customers with brand new shopping
experience combining online shopping and store sales. Looking forward we will
continue channel resources and turn existing movie theatre audiences into
retail customers of Xingmeihui through the New Membership Scheme. We believe
Xingmeihui will maintain steady growth in the next few years to become a new
growth driver of the Group's revenue."
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- 10 Things to Know About Alibaba
- Five Steps to Protect Yourself from Data Breaches
- Concur Sold to SAP for $8.3B
- Chrysler Recalls Nearly 189,000 SUVs
- Federal Probe Finds Christie Did Not Order 'Bridgegate'
- Intruder Gets into White House
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton