ENP Newswire -
Release date- 08072014 - RBS has seen branch transactions fall by 30% since 2011 and at the same time, online and mobile transactions have increased by over 200%.
The RBS and
The report's key findings include:
Internet and mobile banking is now used for transactions worth
Banking apps for mobiles and tablets have now been downloaded more than 14.7 million times - a 2.3 million rise since January at a rate of around 15,000 per day in 2014.
Internet banking services typically receive 7 million log-ins a day.
Spend on contactless cards is expected to rise to
2,274 bank branches have been refurbished in the past two years, underlining the commitment to high street outlets.
'Back when I first started in banking, the branch was the only way people could interact with their bank. But technology has changed this forever, heralding services that are faster, more flexible and more convenient than I could have dreamt of all those years ago. The technological developments that shape modern life have revolutionised banking, with organisations like RBS and
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think