Android is the most popular mobile platform with majority of smartphone users being the younger lot, the study adds.
A majority of
In its study on smartphone usage, Grappetite a mobile phone application developing company finds that only 12% of smartphone users live without internet.
The company was founded by
With 68% of smartphone users on Android,
Grappetite's study, released in the form of info graphics, also reveals that 77% of the country's smartphone users age ranges between 21 and 30 years an indication that smart devices are mainly used by the country's young population. In contrast, those over 41 years of age comprise only 1% of total smartphone users.
The study also found that 41% users had over
When it came to brand popularity, the survey revealed Samsung (34%) was on top followed by iPhone (24%) and Qmobile (21%). On app purchases, it said 16% buy apps regularly while 84% use only free ones.
Among the top five apps used by the respondents,
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day