Android is the most popular mobile platform with majority of smartphone users being the younger lot, the study adds.
A majority of
In its study on smartphone usage, Grappetite a mobile phone application developing company finds that only 12% of smartphone users live without internet.
The company was founded by
With 68% of smartphone users on Android,
Grappetite's study, released in the form of info graphics, also reveals that 77% of the country's smartphone users age ranges between 21 and 30 years an indication that smart devices are mainly used by the country's young population. In contrast, those over 41 years of age comprise only 1% of total smartphone users.
The study also found that 41% users had over
When it came to brand popularity, the survey revealed Samsung (34%) was on top followed by iPhone (24%) and Qmobile (21%). On app purchases, it said 16% buy apps regularly while 84% use only free ones.
Among the top five apps used by the respondents,
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook