Following is the text of press note issued by
Finance Minister Senator
Minister of State for Privatization, Mr.
He said that, as the first step towards divestment of shares in state owned entities, PPL and UBL have already been sold through the capital markets. The results are very encouraging and there has been an over whelming response in the capital market. He informed that the work on the OGDCL transaction is being done on the fast track and the transaction will be completed by September, 2014.
Finance Minister said that the recently completed successful transactions of shares in UBL and PPL have resulted in enhancing investors' confidence in the reform policies of the government. He emphasized that during the whole process
He added that there will be no compromise on two basic principles; transparency and fair price for the transaction. He stressed that no
The Finance Minister also said that the reform process undertaken by the Government will also help in the successful and transparent completion of the process as
The Federal Minister also directed that while putting in place credible plans for restructuring and divestment, due process should not be compromised. He said that the whole process will also provide PSEs the incentive and flexibility to pursue long term investment plans thus liberating the Government from micro-management of PSEs.
The meeting was also attended by
For more information, contact:
Principal Information Officer
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey