The directors of
Despite the improved dividend, the company, however, recorded a drop in profit when it posted a profit after tax of N 627.425 million from N776,293 million recorded in the comparable period of 2012; gross premiums written grew from N10.330 billion form N10.443 billion; investment and other incomes dropped to N790.542 million from N1.505 billion; while profit before taxation stood at N716.108 million from N703.499 million.
Shareholders fund rose to N8.172 billion from N7.350 billion, insurance contract liabilities climbed to N7.585 billion from N7.074 billion; investment contract liabilities dropped to N4.500 billion from N4.846 billion; total assets rose to N24.752 billion from N22.289 billion; while earnings per share dropped to 8.11 kobo from 10.03 kobo.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico