This is contained in a statement issued by the association in
According to the statement signed by the association's Public Relations Officer,
It quoted Akun as saying that the inclusion of NAMB members in the Bankers Committee would provide synergy between microfinance banks and their correspondence banks.
The CBN should also continue to subsidise the Microfinance Certification Programme for the next two years.
"Microfinance banks should also be allowed to purchase treasury bills directly from the CBN to help them function better," he said.
According to the statement, the President elect, Mr Valentine Whensu during the Federal executive Council meeting pledged commitment of the officials to the progress of NAMB.
In articulating a vision for NAMB as a whole, I will focus on four areas using the four pillars of Advocacy,
The NAMB must strive to be a family that achieves leadership in opportunity, impact, responsibility and vitality.
Our members should feel surrounded by leaders and colleagues who are committed, enthusiastic and among the best in their respective role.
"I enjoin my colleagues to work as a team in order to take the Association into the brighter future, where members will have value."
Also Mr Olufemi Fabanwo, CBN Director, called on the newly elected officers of the association to create the needed awareness for the smooth operations of MFBs.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season