Shareholders of leading building materials' producer, Lafarge Cement WAPCO on Wednesday, at its 55th annual general meeting, unanimously approved and authorize the board of the company to raise additional capital of N100 billion through a public offer of debt and or equity in the domestic and or international capital market.
They also approved among other things, the dividend of 330 kobo per share proposed by the board of the company for the 2013 financial. This represents an increase of 175 percent from the 120 kobo approved in the comparable period of 2012.
The meeting also authorized the board and management of the company to acquire an equity interest in
The meeting also authorized the acquisition of equity interest in
In all, shareholders at the meeting approved eleven resolutions that have immediate and long term bearing on the company and in a note the shareholders, the company hinted several benefits of the transactions.
The transaction, according to the company will enlarge it into one of the leading building materials companies in Sub-Saharan Africa with a strong presence in
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go