"I'm sure of one thing,
But Sainsbury's long run of like-forlike growth ended in the final quarter of last year, laying bare the challenges facing the supermarkets from discounters and the shift in shopping habits away from large stores to online and convenience shopping.
It plans to tackle the threat from discounters by launching its own budget chain, announcing its deal last month with Dansk Supermarked to bring back
Coupe said the pace of change in the grocery market "would only accelerate" in the years ahead but "the values of our customers and the values of our business will stay the same".
THE CAPITALIST: Page 11 .
Most Popular Stories
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say