"I'm sure of one thing,
But Sainsbury's long run of like-forlike growth ended in the final quarter of last year, laying bare the challenges facing the supermarkets from discounters and the shift in shopping habits away from large stores to online and convenience shopping.
It plans to tackle the threat from discounters by launching its own budget chain, announcing its deal last month with Dansk Supermarked to bring back
Coupe said the pace of change in the grocery market "would only accelerate" in the years ahead but "the values of our customers and the values of our business will stay the same".
THE CAPITALIST: Page 11 .
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops