This was decided at a meeting attended by state Financial Commissioner of Industries and Commerce, K A Ganai and Joint Secretary of Home affairs R K Srivastava among others. The meeting discussed the various demands and problems being faced by the traders and it was decided to provide ISD and modern banking facilities.
Custodian of Chakan Da Bagh Cross Loc Poonch,
"This is principally agreed that both the trade centres should have ISD facility, so that the traders of both the countries can discuss among themselves and can ask for goods based on rates so that the public on both sides can have good and affordable items," he said.
The facility has been hailed by the traders who feel that this would foster communication and benefit traders from both sides.
"This facility would benefit our traders because we don't have this facility which PoK traders have. This would enhance trade and we can call them any time we want and confirm the rates which will surely benefit trade," said cross LoC trader,
Cross-LoC trade between
The traders have been demanding banking and ISD calling facilities for smooth functioning of the transactions.
The trans LoC trade was suspended after the police in
The row erupted when the police impounded a truck coming from Chakoti on the
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers