The government is expected to set a deficit target of 4.4% of gross domestic product for the fiscal year. This is up from 4.1% deficit target set by previous government in the interim budget.
The benchmark S&P BSE Sensex ended the session down 137.30 points or 0.54% at 25,444.81, while the broader Nifty index marked a 1-1/2 week closing low to end down 38.20 points or 0.5% at 7,585
The rupee was worth 59.7975 against the greenback, coming off slightly from an early high of 59.6715. The pair was worth 59.76 at yesterday's close.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers