The government is expected to set a deficit target of 4.4% of gross domestic product for the fiscal year. This is up from 4.1% deficit target set by previous government in the interim budget.
The benchmark S&P BSE Sensex ended the session down 137.30 points or 0.54% at 25,444.81, while the broader Nifty index marked a 1-1/2 week closing low to end down 38.20 points or 0.5% at 7,585
The rupee was worth 59.7975 against the greenback, coming off slightly from an early high of 59.6715. The pair was worth 59.76 at yesterday's close.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays