Indian Finance Minister
Amid expectations from the middle class, industry and investors, the government is expected to extend tax relief to the salaried class and unveil steps to boost economic growth and curb fiscal deficit.
Against the greenback, the rupee rose to a 1-week high of 59.5750. At yesterday's close, the rupee was trading at 59.7550 against the greenback.
If the rupee extends its gain, it is likely to find resistance around the 59.16 region.
Traders await Indian trade data for June, due today.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO