Perhaps in a sign of things to come, Google has dropped the number of Google Play Edition smartphones in
Google Play Editions have traditionally been a Google-specialised version of each Android device maker’s flagship mobile, and have so far only been available in
The Google Play Edition of the HTC One M8
It appears that
But it remains to be seen if Google intends to keep up the trend of bringing forth Google branded phones like this, but given how silently the search giant removed half the remaining roster, it doesn’t seem to bode well for Android fans outside of the US who were hoping for a Google Play Edition of their favorite flagship handset.
Strange that the Galaxy S4 at least is last year’s flagship device, why no announcement about a Galaxy S5 GPE? Google previously took steps to reassure its fanboys that the Nexus line up of phones and tablets will not be affected by the mobile related projects
Could these specialised Android handsets die off before we ever get a chance to try one out?
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges