More than two-thirds (77%) of the respondents expect the harvesting season to be the same or better than last year, while 20% expect it to be worse. A similar majority of the respondents (78%) characterized the seeding season as the same or better than last year, while 18% thought it was worse.
“The cold spring temperatures resulted in a late seeding season, which will put pressure on farmers to harvest quicker this year,” said
“As a leading provider of financing to equipment dealers and OEMs across
The majority of survey respondents felt that their inventory levels were about the same (48%) or higher (38%) than last year, with just 12% feeling their inventory is lower. “Dealers are really paying attention to their inventory levels this year and will need to be adequately stocked if demand rises,” said Shiebler.
The survey was conducted
CDF has reinvested into this industry through increased credit capacity and an expanded, experienced salesforce. In the last two years, CDF’s North American agriculture financing portfolio is up 150%. CDF works with manufacturers and distributors to create inventory finance programs that enable dealers to stock a broad selection of products. Inventory financing, also known as floorplan financing, is an important element of a successful manufacturer-dealer business model. Manufacturers and distributors can benefit from enhanced product flow and increased sales opportunities, while dealers can obtain improved terms and credit availability.
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor