The mechanical problems experienced at the mill were associated with mill alignment and lubrication, work to resolve them was carried out during the year's second half.
During 2013, the economic potential of recovering gold from
The pilot plant was commissioned and testing began in the new financial year with the aim of proving that gold could be recovered economically from the tailings with little reprocessing, low mining and handling costs.
An auguring programme over the dumps is expected to result in a joint ore resources committee compliant mineral resource that has the potential to add significantly to the gold mining subsidiary's production.
Meanwhile, Mwana's revenue went up by 30,5 percent to
Group net profit for the year of
Attributable group net profit for the year of
Nickel producing unit BNC, which had been under care and maintenance since 2008, resumed production profitably with nickel sales of 7,129 tonnes for the year. BNC first concentrate shipped in April and a new mining plan was adopted in July emphasising exploitation of massives with high nickel content, which improved cash flow and reduced capital required.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.