Fox News contributor Dr. Keith Ablow said that a marriage equality law in California could lead to people marrying their dogs during an appearance on Fox and Friends.
On Wednesday, the morning news show was discussing a new law in California that would replace the words "husband" and "wife" to "spouse" in all state laws, in an effort to give gay couples equal protection. Ablow said he thought there could be dire consequences to this new measure.
"Nuts," Ablow said of the measure. "There's no way that the state of California can deny a marriage license to four spouses now. Eight spouses, or I would say three human spouses and the canine they absolutely love because if love is the foundation of marriage, they can love their dog, too."
Ablow came under fire in 2011 for telling Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly that he thought Chaz Bono's transgender identity is harmful to children. She cut off his rant with a pointed criticism.
"There's so much hate for gays and lesbians and transgendered people," she said. "...You seem to be adding to the hate."
Original headline: Fox News contributor: Marriage equality law will lead to marrying dogs
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore