Fox News contributor Dr. Keith Ablow said that a marriage equality law in California could lead to people marrying their dogs during an appearance on Fox and Friends.
On Wednesday, the morning news show was discussing a new law in California that would replace the words "husband" and "wife" to "spouse" in all state laws, in an effort to give gay couples equal protection. Ablow said he thought there could be dire consequences to this new measure.
"Nuts," Ablow said of the measure. "There's no way that the state of California can deny a marriage license to four spouses now. Eight spouses, or I would say three human spouses and the canine they absolutely love because if love is the foundation of marriage, they can love their dog, too."
Ablow came under fire in 2011 for telling Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly that he thought Chaz Bono's transgender identity is harmful to children. She cut off his rant with a pointed criticism.
"There's so much hate for gays and lesbians and transgendered people," she said. "...You seem to be adding to the hate."
Original headline: Fox News contributor: Marriage equality law will lead to marrying dogs
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment