New Zealand Government - Credit ratings agency Fitch Ratings' decision to revise
The positive outlook, which was announced overnight, indicates the likely direction of the credit rating over the next year or two, although it is not confirmation that a change will occur.
"As Fitch notes, the Government's fiscal consolidation and its track to surplus in 2014/15 are strengthening the resilience of
"Furthermore, it confirms that the Government has a credible plan to increase its fiscal surplus in the years ahead and to reduce net core Crown debt to 20 per cent of GDP by 2020.
"And Fitch comments that
In its ratings update, Fitch also notes that
"The Government remains focused on working with
"We have made some good progress in addressing our longstanding vulnerabilities, with both the current account deficit and
Alongside Fitch's AA rating with a positive outlook,
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million