FAT FACE said yesterday it had put its botched flotation plans behind it for now and that it was "business as usual" after the retailer delivered record fullyear sales and profits.
After an impressive start to the year,
"We were obviously disappointed, especially after all the effort that we had put into it," chief executive
Thompson insisted there was "absolutely no change in our plans for the business."
Total sales jumped by 12 per cent to £200m in the year to 31 May, helping the group deliver record earnings of £39.3m, up 26 per cent. A revamp of its website helped drive a 39 per cent leap in online sales.
The casual clothing brand opened nine new shops and plans to open a similar number this year as well as make its first foray into the US.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades