Following is the text of press release issued by
The project intends to achieve this objective by investing in knowledge and technology for producers and sub-sectors of crops and livestock, and strengthening public sector institutions to enhance the enabling environment for sustained sectoral growth.
"The project is envisaged to be a significant investment towards inclusive growth by prioritizing support to small and medium sized producers who are trying to compete in horticulture markets", said
"Investing in horticulture offers the best potential for increased small producer incomes, new employment opportunities in production and processing, improved resource productivity, and enhanced micronutrient availability in the market."
The project focuses on horticulture and milk production as they have a small farmer focus, have significant involvement of women in production and processing, and, from a national perspective, Sindh enjoys the greatest competitive advantage in these pro-poor production value chains. Capacity building, technical assistance and strategic planning for sector growth will also be provided through this project.
The project will also promote the private sector participation in the agricultural development and sector growth through public-private models for agribusiness development and support services. The Government of
The credit is financed from the
For more information, contact:
Tel: +92-51-2279641, +92-51-9090000
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English