Following is the text of press release issued by
The project intends to achieve this objective by investing in knowledge and technology for producers and sub-sectors of crops and livestock, and strengthening public sector institutions to enhance the enabling environment for sustained sectoral growth.
"The project is envisaged to be a significant investment towards inclusive growth by prioritizing support to small and medium sized producers who are trying to compete in horticulture markets", said
"Investing in horticulture offers the best potential for increased small producer incomes, new employment opportunities in production and processing, improved resource productivity, and enhanced micronutrient availability in the market."
The project focuses on horticulture and milk production as they have a small farmer focus, have significant involvement of women in production and processing, and, from a national perspective, Sindh enjoys the greatest competitive advantage in these pro-poor production value chains. Capacity building, technical assistance and strategic planning for sector growth will also be provided through this project.
The project will also promote the private sector participation in the agricultural development and sector growth through public-private models for agribusiness development and support services. The Government of
The credit is financed from the
For more information, contact:
Tel: +92-51-2279641, +92-51-9090000
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian