July 08--Folsom's Velocity Venture Capital is hosting its fifth annual Entrepreneurs Showcase, pitting Sacramento-region startups against each other to win scholarships to VVC's Accelerator Program.
The Accelerator Program is billed as "an eight-week boot camp" designed to help startups develop and market their businesses, ultimately affording graduates the opportunity to make presentations in front of investors for funding.
Contestants are asked to solicit votes at the cost of one dollar each. The votes are purchased using the Vote-by-Donation contest platform developed by The Bot7 Co., a Sacramento-based startup.
Each startup contestant has prepared a video pitch to solicit votes. The link to the videos and voting gallery is www.velocityvc.com/contest/voting. Voting is open through Aug. 15.
On July 28, the startups will pitch their products at the Entrepreneurial Drive golf tournament at Serrano Country Club in El Dorado Hills. Proceeds from the contest go to support Velocity's Entrepreneurs Campus at 909 Mormon St., in Folsom.
For more details, see www.velocityvc.com.
(c)2014 The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.)
Visit The Sacramento Bee (Sacramento, Calif.) at www.sacbee.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: Venture Capital firm's contest aims to help regional startups
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree