KEEPING SCORE: The Dow index fell 110 points, or 0.6 percent, to 16,913 about 45 minutes after the market opened. The Standard & Poor's 500 fell 11 points, or 0.7 percent, to 1,965. The Nasdaq composite fell 48 points, or 1.1 percent, to 4,403.
EARNINGS WATCH: Investors are watching for earnings reports for clues about the strength of the U.S. economy. Earnings reports begin in earnest when
DEAL SWEETENER: Drugmaker AbbVie fell
BONDS AND OIL: Government bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.57 percent from 2.61 percent late Monday. In energy markets, U.S. crude for August delivery fell
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy