US Announces Arrest of Russian National in Credit Card Theft Scam
U.S. officials say a Russian national is in custody on charges linked to the theft and resale of tens of thousands of consumer credit card numbers.
The suspect, identified as 30-year-old Roman Valerevich Seleznev, appeared Monday in a U.S. court in
That indictment alleges Seleznev installed malicious software to steal credit card numbers from an array of retail computer systems, including restaurants and other outlets in the northwestern U.S. state of
It accuses Seleznev of stealing more than 200,000 credit card numbers between
Authorities say Seleznev is known as "Track2" in the computer hacking world.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones