US Announces Arrest of Russian National in Credit Card Theft Scam
U.S. officials say a Russian national is in custody on charges linked to the theft and resale of tens of thousands of consumer credit card numbers.
The suspect, identified as 30-year-old Roman Valerevich Seleznev, appeared Monday in a U.S. court in
That indictment alleges Seleznev installed malicious software to steal credit card numbers from an array of retail computer systems, including restaurants and other outlets in the northwestern U.S. state of
It accuses Seleznev of stealing more than 200,000 credit card numbers between
Authorities say Seleznev is known as "Track2" in the computer hacking world.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza