The project will improve customs administration and standardization and modernize the public sector by strengthening government capacity and effectiveness in service delivery.
Without public sector reform, we cannot effectively create the vibrant business environment needed to expand our economy and provide real opportunities for jobs and investment to secure our future, said
Together with the Jamaican government and development partners, we are working to help drive necessary reforms that will increase efficiency and maximize the use of available resources to create a more vibrant business environment and boost the economy, said Sophie Sirtaine, World Bank Country Director for the
Specifically, the Strategic Public Sector Transformation project will: Strengthen the Public Investment Management System and improve monitoring through citizens participation; Implement Results-Based Budgeting to make more efficient and strategic allocation of resources for public investments; Roll out new standard operating procedures for customs to reduce the time and lower transaction costs for trading internationally; and Strengthen the
This project is financed by an
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal