Stocks were the most profitable investment in
People who invested their money in stocks and shares in Borsa
June's stock exchange profit rates based on the Domestic Producer Price Index, or D-PPI, were 3.37 percent while the rates based on the Consumer Price Index, CPI, stood at 3.11 percent, according to the figures published by Turkish Statistics Institute.
Borsa Istabul's profit rates based on D-PPI were 23.01 percent, which made it the most profitable financial investment during the second quarter of 2014. Based on CPI, the exchange's profit rates were 20.01 percent in the same period.
Based on D-PPI, investors who used the dollar currency earned 1.26 percent in their investment and 0.10 percent in interest rate in June. Gold investors earned 0.30 percent in the month, while other investors who used euro earned 0.20 percent. Government bond investors also earned 0.91 percent.
Compared with inflation figures, investors of U.S. dollar earned 1.01 percent in June while investors of the government bonds earned 0.66 percent.
In the second quarter, investors of gold lost 8.02 percent in profit.
Bi-annually, euro was the most profitable currency with the rates of 4.82 based on D-PPI and 5.39 based on CPI.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say