KEEPING SCORE: All three major U.S. indexes drifted down less than one percent. Dow Jones industrial average futures eased 26 points to 16,920 about 30 minutes before the market opened. Standard & Poor's 500 index futures eased four points to 1,966.60. Nasdaq 100 futures fell six points to 3,898.
EARNINGS WATCH: Investors are watching for earnings reports that could provide clues about the strength of the U.S. economy. Earnings reports begin in earnest after the U.S. market closes Tuesday, when
DEAL SWEETENER: Drugmaker AbbVie fell
OIL: In energy markets, U.S. crude for August delivery rose
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go