If you are tired of standing in queues to deposit your water bills or wasting too much time on Internet to pay your electricity bill online and not getting successful, paying bills electronically will soon become simpler and easier.
The state government is working on making of new software, which will serve as a common platform to deposit bills of both the public service utilities.
Giving the information, PHED additional chief engineer
Currently, there is no such facility available for consumers to pay their water bills online while electricity bills can be paid through the website of
This software will be a kind of intricate programming with the help of which consumers can directly log in and choose the service of which they want to pay the bill. The charges, whatever, will be decided by the respective departments once the work to make the software is done.
Currently, such a facility is available with the e-mitra kiosks wherein with the help of common software, consumers can get their bills deposited but with the new software they need not go to the kiosk and can get their bills paid in their homes only.
This software will be another step in moving towards usage of information technology in consumer utility-related departments. There is already a website by the name 'sugam' where consumers can give their complaints about any department online.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World