The award was accepted on behalf of the prince by Mesar Al-Mesar, director-general of the information technology department at the SCTA, along with
The SCTA has designed an integrated geographic tourism database, including over 50 forms of geographic information systems and a tourism navigator.
The system includes detailed tourism-related maps showing road networks, satellite images, sites and locations, heritage and antiquities sites, accommodation facilities (hotels and furnished apartments) and other tourism services, such as museums, souks, airports, malls, parks and green yards.
Other descriptive information, including lime photos and panoramic images for large-scale scenery, is also included.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause