The award was accepted on behalf of the prince by Mesar Al-Mesar, director-general of the information technology department at the SCTA, along with
The SCTA has designed an integrated geographic tourism database, including over 50 forms of geographic information systems and a tourism navigator.
The system includes detailed tourism-related maps showing road networks, satellite images, sites and locations, heritage and antiquities sites, accommodation facilities (hotels and furnished apartments) and other tourism services, such as museums, souks, airports, malls, parks and green yards.
Other descriptive information, including lime photos and panoramic images for large-scale scenery, is also included.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps