The IFC released its Umuganda bond in May this year and it had witnessed 3.9 times oversubscription. The issue recorded bids from local, regional as well as global investors, clearly indicating the investors faith in the prospects of the national economy of
The bond will provide the private sector with access to finance, at the same time reinforce the Rwandan capital market.
The Rwandan Minister of Finance and Economic Planning Claver Gatete was present at the bond listing event and he had expressed his delight over this move, stating the occasion as historical and added that it will facilitate lure long term capital and reinforce the capital market of the nation.
Gatete revealed, To grow we cannot rely on banks alone. We need to utilize the capital markets to get financing for long term undertakings.
He has reiterated the government s pledge to build a robust and dynamic capital market.
Speaking at the bond listing occasion, the IFC Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer
Cai further stated, Through this bond, we are sending a strong signal to investors and insurers that they are welcome to
To date the Rwandan stock market has Frw 170 billion and
Considering an increase of as much as 11.5% for RSE all share index, it is clearly understandable that the market is moving towards growth.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant