Last week, the Rwanda Franc lost its grip against the dollar hitting a low of 693/708 on Sunday, after about a month or so of relative stability. It has however gained minimally against the Pound Sterling trading at an average of 980/1,000 on Saturday compared to 1,100/1,200 on Monday. The euro was trading at between 925/930 and 910/940.
On Monday forex dealers and commercial banks had quoted the franc at an average of 676/ 699 against dollar. It was stable for most part of the week, but lost ground on Sunday to trade at 690/700 against the greenback. Some dealers quoted it at 693/708.
Joseph, a forex dealer at
Regional currencies were stable between Monday and Tuesday. However on Wednesday, the Tanzanian shilling and the
The unit however regained ground yesterday trading at an average of 690/699.
According to the
Most Popular Stories
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve