FOURTH time lucky? The latest bid for pharma firm Shire from
With a looming deadline of 18 July due to
But does the deal really now add up for Shire? That's harder to judge. Shire's unfashionable ADHD specialism made it an unlikely target for acquisition in the past, but that hasn't stopped it doing very well ploughing this furrow on its own. Its patent win in the US over its Vyvanse anti-hyperactivity drug ad-ded to a sense of strength and its ambition, announced in June, to more than double 2013 annual pro-duct sales to
Shire's owners must weigh whether its commercial potential will get the long-term attention it deserves in new hands.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise