Sharing his thoughts on the discussion, 'Is Independent Cinema taking over Bollywood', the veteran filmmaker said, "It is easy to make movies, but it has become extremely difficult to release them and one doesn't have to depend on cinema to showcase their independent movies".
Benegal added that entertainment should be the primary concern for any kind of cinema.
The 79-year-old filmmaker was accompanied by 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' actor
Malhotra also said, "Audience wants to see parallel cinema, if it is available to them and I think every movie is a commercial movie. There is art involved in showbiz, however, audience must be well informed about the movies as well."
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal