Specified for operation from 2.5 V to 5.5 V, with a low 0.35 mA supply current at 3.3 V, the Vishay Semiconductors receivers released today each consist of a photodiode and preamplifier assembled on a lead frame. The devices' epoxy package — measuring 6.0 mm by 6.9 mm by 5.6 mm — acts as an IR band pass filter for use with inexpensive 940 nm IR LEDs.
Using amplitude-shift keyed (ASK) on-off modulated 38.4 kHz or 57.6 kHz signals from an emitter with a 250 mW/sr irradiance, the TSDP34138/56 and TSDP34338/56 achieve continuous data transmission up to 7.8 kbps over a range up to 35 meters. In addition, the receivers provide shielding against EMI, immunity against ambient light, and are insensitive to supply voltage ripple and noise from
Data transmission is a central element in a wide range of electronics. As an alternative to radio frequency (RF) transmission, the use of IR components such as the TSDP34138/56 and TSDP34338/56 simplifies designs, lowers costs, and eliminates the need to obtain regulatory approvals. In addition, by requiring line-of-sight, IR enhances privacy and minimizes interference with adjacent systems.
The TSDP34138/56 and TSDP34338/56 are RoHS-compliant, halogen-free, and Vishay GREEN.
Samples and production quantities of the new TSDP34138/56 and TSDP34338/56 are available now, with lead times of six to eight weeks.
Vishay on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/VishayIntertechnology
Vishay Twitter feed: http://twitter.com/vishayindust
Link to product datasheet:
http://www.vishay.com/ppg?82667 (TSDP341.., TSDP343..)
Link to product photo:
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies