IFC, a member of the
SCOPE Basic can be used by capacity builders, training providers, and consultants to work with farmer groups also known as agricultural producer organizations in a way that is tailored to the particular capacity-building needs of each group. Over the next few months, the tool will be piloted in the
The development of sustainable agribusiness in emerging markets is a key priority for IFC, said
SCOPE Basic measures the level of professionalism of producer organizations in an innovative and rigorous way, taking into account eight different performance criteria. Based on the results of this assessment, the management of producer organizations can either market themselves more easily or, if needed, make improvements through training and mentoring. The level of these improvements can also be measured, allowing training providers to become more market-oriented and build the capacity of producer organizations at scale. SCOPE Basic is a subset of SCOPE Pro, an already existing SCOPEinsight tool used for more developed producer organizations.
We are excited to partner with IFC as this will accelerate the implementation of a common language between producer organizations, capacity builders and the markets,
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go