Kerydin is a clear, alcohol-based solution that is applied with a dropper to an infected toenail once a day for nearly a year. It treats onychomycosis, a fungal infection of the nail and nail bed.
Other toenail fungus treatments already on the market include Lamisil and Penlac.
Anacor was founded in 2002 and went public eight years later. It also has a potential treatment for atopic dermatitis in late-stage clinical testing, or the last phase before a drug developer submits a treatment to regulators for approval.
The company's stock was up 4.4 percent, or
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields