Kerydin is a clear, alcohol-based solution that is applied with a dropper to an infected toenail once a day for nearly a year. It treats onychomycosis, a fungal infection of the nail and nail bed.
Other toenail fungus treatments already on the market include Lamisil and Penlac.
Anacor was founded in 2002 and went public eight years later. It also has a potential treatment for atopic dermatitis in late-stage clinical testing, or the last phase before a drug developer submits a treatment to regulators for approval.
The company's stock was up 4.4 percent, or
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel