A total of 6.7 million passengers travelled with Etihad over the first half of the year, representing a 22 per cent increase compared to the same period last year. Capacity, measured by available seat kilometres, grew by 19 per cent to 39.4 billion. The airline increased its fleet size from 79 to 102 aircraft.
While the airline did not release passenger or cargo division revenue numbers,
Codeshare and equity stake airlines continue to funnel traffic through the Etihad's
"Some partnerships are maturing while others, including major ones, are bedding down, [and] so revenue will continue to increase from partnerships," Horton stated.
Etihad holds stakes in seven airlines from as far as
Etihad's half-year report was backed by a strong second quarter. The airline carried 3.5 million passengers and 140,892 tonnes of cargo between April and June, both up 25 per cent, according to the airline.
"We have ambitious plans to build on this momentum in the second half of 2014, with five more destinations being introduced into our global network, and our ground-breaking Airbus A380 and Boeing 787 also entering service, which will reinforce our status as a global market leader," stated
In the first half, Etihad said, it launched flights to Medina,
Etihad's workforce rose 28 per cent in the first half of the year to 20,149 employees.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed