US STOCKS tumbled yesterday as the Dow fell nearly 118 points, ending the trading day below the 17,000 mark. The Dow Jones industrial average lost 0.7 per cent to 16,906.62. The S&P 500 index fell 0.7 per cent to 1,963.71 and the Nasdaq composite index plunged 1.4 per cent to 4,391.46. It was the second straight session of losses after the major indexes set record closing highs at the end of last week.
Internet stocks were hit hard, with
Shares in US drug manufacturer
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges