US STOCKS tumbled yesterday as the Dow fell nearly 118 points, ending the trading day below the 17,000 mark. The Dow Jones industrial average lost 0.7 per cent to 16,906.62. The S&P 500 index fell 0.7 per cent to 1,963.71 and the Nasdaq composite index plunged 1.4 per cent to 4,391.46. It was the second straight session of losses after the major indexes set record closing highs at the end of last week.
Internet stocks were hit hard, with
Shares in US drug manufacturer
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant