Based on a count by Computershare, the depositary for the tender offer, approximately 1,480,510.0970 shares of common stock, or approximately 15.6850 percent of the Fund's common stock outstanding, were tendered. The Fund has accepted 471,952.0000 shares (subject to adjustment for fractional shares) for cash payment at a price equal to
The Fund is a diversified, closed-end fund. The Fund’s primary investment objective is to seek high current income; capital appreciation is a secondary objective. The Fund seeks to achieve its objectives by investing, under normal circumstances, at least 65% of its total assets in income-generating equity securities, including dividend-paying common stocks, convertible securities, preferred stocks, and other equity-related securities. Up to 35% of the Fund’s total assets may be invested in nonconvertible debt securities consisting primarily of high yield, high risk corporate bonds.
The Fund utilizes leveraging techniques in an attempt to obtain higher return for the Fund. There is no assurance that the Fund will achieve its investment objectives.
The Fund has implemented a managed distribution policy. Under the policy, the Fund is managed with a goal of generating as much of the distribution as possible from net investment income and short-term capital gains. The balance of the distribution will then come from long-term capital gains to the extent permitted, and if necessary, a return of capital.
About Delaware Investments
Delaware Investments, a member of
Delaware Investments is the marketing name for
Investments in the Fund are not and will not be deposits with or liabilities of Macquarie Bank Limited ABN 46 008 583 542 and its holding companies, including their subsidiaries or related companies (the "
215-255-1427 / 215 255-1313
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid