Finance Minister Senator
Finance Minister made these remarks while chairing a meeting to review the implementation status of the initiatives announced in the federal budget 2014-15.
The finance minister was informed that necessary notifications related to reduction in mark up rates of Exports Refinance Facility and Long Term Finance Facility have already been issued. It was also informed that Finance Division is following up on the decisions for disposal of all pending sales tax refunds by 30th September and in future disposal of sales tax refunds will be ensured within three months by the
The finance minister said that mechanism for credit guarantee scheme for small and marginalized farmers must be devised at the earliest and in this regard
The finance minister was informed that necessary notifications/circulars for provision of incentives for processing industries in Makran, Gilgit Baltistan,
The finance minister was also informed that the divestment of government shares in PSEs is going on as per plans with both local and international investors’ interests. Promotion of Islamic banking and financial system in the country is being worked out by the SBP and the Finance Division and an interim report will be presented to the Finance Minister at the earliest.
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground