There is huge potential for broadband capability to transform critical communications services. However, the true value will only be unlocked through the effective analysis of the data deluge that broadband will bring. The identification, extraction and targeted delivery of key intelligence from multiple sources will enable a paradigm shift in the impact of communications on critical users such as public safety professionals and the communities they serve.
In addition, the industry must foster an environment that encourages application developers to build a thriving ecosystem to create and deliver applications and services that directly benefit users and enhance the critical communications industry.
These are the key conclusions from the Future of
The emergence of IPv6 is driving ever more interconnection, and there is increasing use of the cloud for both public and private data storage. However, this means that the sheer amount of information now available is rendered valueless unless we can extract the relevant intelligence, said
There is much work going on around enhancing LTE for mission critical broadband so we know we will have high speed data, said Hans Borgonjen, Vice-Chairman of the TCCA and Senior Coordinator, International Standardisation for National Police Netherlands. We now have to encourage people to move out of their comfort zones, imagine the potential and realise the possibilities.
Advances in areas such as robotics and augmented reality mean that the only limitation to the evolution of information-rich services for mission critical communications may be imagination.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)