Traffic in June, measured in terms of revenue pax-kilometers or RPK, grew 2.9% year-on-year to 20.44 billion, from 19.86 billion; with available seat-kilometers or ASK, a gauge for capacity, rising 1.8% to 23.72 billion, from 23.30 billion last year.
The monthly load factor rose 0.9 percentage points to 86.2%, from 85.3 a year before.
The group said it carried 7.19 million passengers in the recent month, which was 3.9% higher than 6.92 million passengers carried last year.
The company noted that the June traffic figures published today as well as bookings for July and August nevertheless reflected the over-capacity on certain long-haul routes, notably
So, the company said that it lowered its Ebitda target for full year 2014 to a range of
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- Hurdles for Obama Health Law in Second Enrollment Season
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Hope Solo Sets Shutout Record in US Rout of Mexico
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Etsy Says 'No' to Redskins Logo, Name
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Sneak Peek: A Roundup of 2015 New Models