"This is an exciting step forward for our organization," said Toronto entrepreneur
League executives are currently examining several potential locations in
While the search continues, the league plans to launch its inaugural season next August and September with 10 teams playing a 45-game schedule along with three playoff games. "We're looking at several options, including constructing a temporary stadium within the suburban
Each team will consist of eight Canadian professional cricket players plus three international players. "By attaching immediately recognizable cricket celebrities to our League we can instantly connect to a world-wide audience," Singh said. "Our games will be televised internationally as well as throughout Canada. We believe the CLPT20 will quickly become a household name in
International and local investors continue to be sought to raise the necessary financing for the inaugural season and beyond. Singh is seeking to raise
"We believe we will potentially be in a positive cash flow situation within three to four years," Singh said. "Investors will be the first to be repaid after they help build a strong league during its early years."
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal