Data from the
The trade balance reflected a deficit of
Exports were up 2.0% on year to
That beat forecasts for 2.2%, which was unchanged from the May reading following a downward revision from 2.3%.
The yen strengthened to 138.37 against the euro, setting an 8-day high, and a 6-day high of 101.68 against the greenback. On the upside, the yen may possibly face resistance around 137.5 against the euro and 100.00 against the greenback. The yen ended Monday's trading at 138.56 against the euro and 101.85 against the greenback.
The yen advanced to a session's high of 113.85 against the Swiss franc and held steady thereafter. The next possible resistance for the yen is seen around the 113.00 zone. At Monday's close, the pair was quoted at 113.96.
The yen climbed to a 6-day high of 174.25 against the pound before moving off slightly thereafter. The pound-yen pair was worth 174.42 when it closed deals on Monday.
The yen rose to a weekly high of 95.18 against the loonie shortly after the data and stabilized in subsequent deals. At Monday's close, the pair was quoted at 95.31.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO