German industrial production declined unexpectedly in May and at the sharpest pace since
Industrial output fell 1.8% in May from the prior month, Destatis reported. This was the third consecutive fall and the biggest since
International Monetary Fund Managing Director
The global economic outlook to be released later this month would be "slightly different" from previous forecasts, Lagarde said at the Cercle des Economists conference in
In economic news,
The seasonally adjusted unemployment rate came in at 3.2% in June, the same rate as seen in May, the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs said.
Meanwhile, the jobless rate, on an unadjusted basis, fell to 2.9% from 3% in May.
The franc was trading higher at 1.2154 against the euro and 0.8937 against the greenback, after falling to a 4-day low of 1.2164 and a 2-week low of 0.8958, respectively in early deals. On the upside, the franc may find resistance around 1.21 versus the euro and 0.885 against the greenback.
The franc bounced off from early near 2-year low of 1.5366 against the pound and rose to 1.5322. The pair finished Friday's trading at 1.5340. If the franc extends its ascending trend, 1.52 is seen as its next possible resistance level.
Meanwhile, the franc held steady against the yen with pair trading at 114.01, after slipping to a weekly low of 113.94 in prior dea1s. The franc-yen pair finished trading at 114.11 last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya